Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Belief O Matic
This survey made me well aware of the different views on religion and faith. Many of the answers were to one extreme or the next. Listed below are my results from the survey. Completing this survey I now believe that even though many Americans proclaim one religion, we in fact can follow several. Through stereotypes and prejudice we sometimes criticize religions that are unfamiliar to us. Educating ourselves we will find that many religions have a great deal in common. According to this survey my beliefs are similar to Orthodox Quaker. That came as a complete shock. I always viewed even the word Quaker as being very con formative and rigid. Actually the first six religions are religions that I previously thought were unbearable and unrealistic to live by. After completing this survey I can understand that our views are not worlds apart like I thought.


1.
Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (95%)
3.
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (94%)
4.
Jehovah's Witness (83%)
5.
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (81%)
6.
Eastern Orthodox (80%)
7.
Roman Catholic (80%)
8.
Seventh Day Adventist (80%)
9.
Orthodox Judaism (70%)
10.
Reform Judaism (65%)
11.
Liberal Quakers (64%)
12.
Sikhism (63%)
13.
Islam (61%)
14.
Unitarian Universalism (59%)
15.
Hinduism (58%)
16.
Neo-Pagan (53%)
17.
Mahayana Buddhism (43%)
18.
Scientology (43%)
19.
New Age (42%)
20.
Secular Humanism (42%)
21.
Bahá'í Faith (41%)
22.
Theravada Buddhism (41%)
23.
Jainism (40%)
24.
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (35%)
25.
New Thought (32%)
26.
Taoism (29%)
27.
Nontheist (18%)

No comments: